Introducing 'Funmile' & 'Expressiveminds'

Hello peeps,

I have always wondered what blogging was all about and why people would be interested in reading another person's thoughts or experiences but here I am starting a blog!
But rather than making it a go to place for gossips or information, I want my blog to be a place of interactive discourse...like a sharing community where different views to different issues are brought to bare. 
Now, I will set the scene or introduce the topic of discourse but I hope it stimulates your interest to make contributions and hopefully provide solutions to people that need them.
I have traveled quite a bit...on holidays and for education and truly learnt that people are really diverse! Their thoughts, experiences, values and expectations completely alien from mine! I'm not saying this in the generic way people do, but in actual amazement and appreciation of the fact that we all do not and cannot interpret issues the same way! 
There is actually a lot to learn from being open to diverse views and influences and that's the platform I hope my blog creates. 


Do I know what topics will interest you and get us all wired up? Maybe not. But I intend to find out proceeding one step at a time until this blog becomes a memorable site for your engagement & relaxation! Same mantra I have applied to the many 'news' happening in my life right now...from getting married to living in a new city/country and changing career paths and it has been memorable! Will share some with you as we go on...smilessss.
Hope to bond with you through my blog and remember, your interactive inputs will be the highlight of it!

Comments

  1. Where's the comment I posted earlier? Arrrghh

    ReplyDelete
  2. So congrats on your first blog Funmi! Shall we open the floor by examining why people lie? Why do Artisans say they are coming until the last minute, they'd even tell you they've just reached next door, and then silence! Infact phone switched off... Why do boys (and infact some men) lie about sleeping with me...? He he he. Ok some girls.. Why do people make promises that both parties already know they will never keep? Why do relatives (especially Yoruba people) lie that "wōn ò kí ń HEP èyàn'? Why do staff lie about stupid things that are so obviously lies (this is both subordinates and bosses by the way)? Why do men pretend not to like Kim Kardashian? I once had a guy friend who almost physically fought me for defending Kim, only to find out he was retweeting Scott Disick's tweets, lol. Why why why?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let the discussion begin.... ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Benjamin! Hello Rainbow! Thanks for joining in.
    Hmmmm,,,,now to begin the discussion indeed! 'Why do people lie'??? I guess its because lying brings an immediate gratification that makes the person feel like they have won the discussion/confrontation. You know, they feel like they have out-smarted the other party and so have maintained their stance. (Or don't you notice that you calm down from raking when an Artisan tells you he's on his way to deliver your furniture when he hasn't even finished it??? lol).
    So for very vain, self-conscious people, who always want to appear upstanding...lying is the easiest way out of compromising situations...until you're caught of course! And then the scales fall of your eyes at which point you either choose to tell the truth, or cover up the initial lie with more lies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let the discourse begin...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrat funmi. Let the tori begin

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my own opinion, not all artisans are liars though.. A few are truthful. But those who lie do so 'cos they want to retain clients/ customers and selfishly tie them down with sweet talks not minding the urgency of the job @ stake. These in the end, makes such artisans loose both customers and future refferal .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is your love language? What makes you tick?

Priceless! The joy of motherhood.

Quality living...you deserve it!